Sakkatt sambat, as the name, it is very delicious sambar - a native dish of Tamil Nadu. This goes well with Idli, Dosa or Rice. My fans likes this recipe because it can be prepared in super fast time & smells like heaven !!! I bet, you will go on eating 7-8 dosa with this sambar, in no time :)
Here are its ingredients
1. Carrot - cut into round slices
2. Potatoes (if required) small cubes
3. Coriander leaves- a hand full
4. Tamarind paste
5. 1 chilli - cut into half
6. cooked and nicely smashed tur-dal
7. Curry leaves- 4-5
8. Tomato- 1
9. Salt to taste
Turmeric powder -1 tb spoon
Aachi sambar powder- 2 tb spoon
Curry leaves- 4-5
Tomato (cut into small pieces)
1. Carrot, potatoes and chilli should be cooked in a pressure cooker (2 whistles) and cool. Keep it aside
2. Add oil in a pan and heat. Saute curry leaves, tomatoes and turmeric for 2 minutes on a medium flame. Then add sambar powder and tamarind paste.
3. By now, The content in pan would have mixed well. Add vegetables from cooker along with water (This water contains chilli flavor).
4. Add nicely smashed dal and allow it to boil for 10 min. Add salt to taste. Once this is cooked, add coriander and close the upper lid and turn off the flame.
Boiling the content until it comes to a medium thick consistence is important
DO not grind any ingredient in mixer as it spoils dal texture.