Saturday, September 1, 2012

JOLADA ROTTI/JAWAR BREADS (Indian style)


Typical north Karnataka dish served with onions and green chilies. I am so happy that after trying for 3-4 times I could prepare jolad roti. Every time I tried, it used to break at edges and it was disappointing and decided I am not going to try anymore. This time I made it nice. I loved jola roti.
Jola roti can be called as one of the multi vitamin, protein food, healthier and delicious. Its also known as bhakri eaten along with vegetable fry or any curry. I always say, every dish is very easy to make when you enjoy cooking :)
Here is how I tried...

INGREDIENTS
Jawar/ Jola/ Sorgham flour- 1 cup
All purpose flour- 5 tb sp. (if all purpose flour is not available, it can be replaced with wheat flour)
Spring onions- 1-2
Small onions- 5-6, chopped
Jeera/Cumin- 1 tb sp.
Chilli powder - 1 tb sp.
Salt to taste

COOKING
1. Mix all ingredients and make it to thick dough using hot or warm water, cover it for 5 minutes with a muslin cloth. Later divide dough into equal sized balls.
2. On a plastic sheet, add oil and make flat round rotis by rolling it or pressing along sides
3. Heat it on a tawa or a thin pan until roti becomes slightly brownish color and add ghee if required.
4. Serve hot with any curry or vegetable fry or with onions and green chilli. I served with hot beans palya and onions with green chilli. hmmmm it was so so good !!!!

Serves- 2, cooking time 10 minutes
















HAPPY COOKING :)






No comments: