Thursday, August 9, 2012
I have previously added a recipe for Upma but still I would like to share my another invention recipe "Aloo upma". I am obsessed with potatoes because its delicious when cooked and I add this to many food types. This is 2 minutes upma which tastes lots of potatoes and cilantro and no other vegetables. So if you have no onions and tomatoes at home but still want to have a good breakfast- Its here for you. Try it and let me know how you feel about this recipe.
Sooji rawa/ fine rawa- 3 handful
Potatoes- 1 big, cut into big pieces
Red chilies- 4-5
Curry leaves- few
Cilantro/ Coriander- few leaves
Cumin/ Jeera- 1 tb sp.
Ghee- 1 tb sp.
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Grated coconut - 3-4 tb sp.
1. Saute red chilies, turmeric, curry leaves and cumin to oil in hot pan and stir it for 3 minutes.
2. Then you can add potatoes and cook it for 5-7 minutes with continues stirring. If required, add water (very little)
3. Add coconut and continue stirring.
4. Now when the potatoes and coconuts are cooked add rawa and mix it. when rawa is heated up add water (required amount).
5. Stirring should be continued so as to minimize lumps formation with rawa.
6. The rawa absorbs water while it gets cooked up. On low flame leave it for 2 mins and aloo upma is ready.
Serve with tomato-cilantro chutney. Its just .... no words to say!
Serves: 2. Cooking time: 20 minutes
HAPPY COOKING :)