Friday, August 31, 2012

SAUTEKAI KOSAMBARI

Sautekai is cucumber and Kosambari is a salad kind made mostly as a sacred food in temples or on festival days. Its been 6 months I had kosambari and I made sure to have this as one of the food for Potluck last week at my place. Everyone liked my kosambari. This is Karnataka style salad and many friends came to Potluck were from other states of India. They liked it and I am glad to introduce them kosambari.
Here I share about how I prepared it! Enjoy madi

INGREDIENTS
Cucumber- 2, chopped into small pieces
Moong dal/ Mung bean- 2 cups
Green chilies- 2 chopped into small pieces
Curry leaves- 4-5 leaves
Coconut- 1 hand ful
coriander/ cilantro leaves- few leaves
Red chili, oil, mustard seeds- to garnish
Salt to taste

PREPARATION
Soak moong dal in water for 2-3 hours (not more than 4 hours). Keep aside. After 2 hours, mix moong dal, cucumber, green chilies, coriander leaves, coconut and salt. Mix it properly.
On a hot pan, add oil, mustard seeds, red chilies and curry leaves. Saute for a minute and garnish on cucumber mixture.
Addition of chili depends on your taste. Serve along with butter milk.


HAPPY COOKING :)

No comments: