Eating maggi blend is so boring.. I have my own way of making Maggi a healthy and delicious food.
Check out this recipe and Enjoy eating!!!
Maggi packs- 1 (Rs 20 pack)
Potatoes- 2, grated
Tomato- 1 chopped
Onions- 1 or 2 medium sized, sliced vertically
Carrot- 2/3 grated
Curry leaves- 3-4
Coriander leaves- few
Mustard seeds and Oil
Cumin/ Jeera- 2 tb sp.
Peas/ Mutter- 1 hand full
1. Saute mustard seeds, jeera and onions in hot oil till onions turn brownish/ goldenish.
2. Continue to add potatoes and carrot and cook it by stirring frequently. I wont suggest to add tomatoes together as it gets smashed/overcooked by the time potatoes get cooked up.
3. Once all vegetables are cooked, add tomato and peas. After 2-3 minutes add 2 cups of water and allow it to boil. It may take (on a high heat) 5 minutes for water to boil
4. Now add curry leaves and corriander followed by maggi noodles.
5. Stir it continues by keeping flame to medium and once you feel water is observed or water comes down to 50% add maggi masala packets and keep mixing.
6. Now when all water gets absorbed, your veggie maggi is ready to serve/ or to eat.
7. If you require, can add a pinch of salt but usually the masala packets includes salt also.
Serves: 3 people. Cooking time: 20 minutes (more time for potatoes to cook. If you exclude potatoes, it may take just 12-15 minutes)
NOTE: I have read in news papers and articles saying maggi contains plastic. so its good to cook maggi once in hot water and then soak in cold water then add it to vegetable mixture. its safe this way!!!
HAPPY COOKING :)