Thursday, August 9, 2012

JANMASHTAMI SPECIAL RAWA LADOO


HAPPY KRISHNA JANMASHTAMI TO ALL MY BLOG FRIENDS

I was literally waiting for Krishna janmashtami so that I would be preparing rawa ladoo/ rawa unde and enjoy eating it one after the other. For my surprise even my husband loved this (usually he hates sweets). I am glad it came out very good and this was my 1st attempt. I never helped my mom while she was preparing for ladoos and never happen to see it. She told me over phone about how to prepare rawa ladoo and I am here. This is one of my bestest food. So here I share and you guys can also prepare this for Janmashtami or you know, " don't wait for any festive day. Just prepare it and grab some in hand, enjoy eating with evening snacks"

INGREDIENTS
Sooji rawa: 2 full cups.
Sugar- 1 cup (usually sugar powder)
Grated coconut- 1 cup (fresh once would be better)
Cardamom/ Elakki/ Elakkai- 2, crushed
Raisins, cashews, almonds - any of these dry fruits which makes good flavor
Ghee- 5 tb sp.
Milk- 1/4 cup

COOKING
1. Heat a pan, add rawa and stir it on low flame for about 5 minutes. then add cardamom, ghee (1 tb sp.) and stirr until raw rawa smell goes off.
2. Add grated coconut and sugar and stir it for 8-10 minutes. By this given time, rawa gets along with sugar and every thing sets.
3. On the other side, in a pan heat 2 tb sp. ghee and add all dry fruits. I used raisins and almonds. YOu can also use cashews. Keep it aside.
4. The rawa is heated up with sugar, so now add slowly milk content and ghee roasted raisins and almonds
5. turn off the flame and make it small round shaped balls. Rawa ladoos are ready
6. Make sure not to add more milk and once rawa gets cooled a bit, its easy to make ladoos.


Hmmm... I am feeling like having one more ladoo. You also make some and enjoy :)

Serves: many (If you want or eat up everything alone ;)) could make around 22 ladoos
Cooking time 35-40 minutes

HAPPY COOKING :)

No comments: