Niharika Allanki, Boulder
This is a Marathi and Telugu dish, its called BHARLELI VAANGI in Marathi and GUTTI VANKAAYA in Telugu.
Brief ingredients list
Green/ purple small brinjals- 5/7
Roasted groundnuts - 8/10 tbsps ( can increase / decrease depending on how much gravy one wants)
Green chillies- 3 ( long slits)
Tomatoes- finely chopped -1/4 cup
Onions- 1.5 cup- finely chopped
Bay leaves- 3
Curry leaves- approx 10
Garam masala- 1/5 tbsp
Chilli powder ( preferably kashmiri) - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Tamarind paste- 2 tsp
Dhania - jeera powder- 3 tsp
Ginger garlic paste- 1tbsp
Detailed cooking procedure
1. Fry the onions and make a mixture of these fried onions, roasted groundnuts, chilli powder,dhania, jeera powder, 1tsp oil, ginger-garlic paste, garam masala.
2. Do not fine paste it, the mixture should have some roughness to it.
3. Slit the brinjals vertically halfway in the middle and fill them up with this mixture. Keep the remaining mixture aside.
4.Now, heat oil in a kadhaai and add the curry leaves,green chillies, cinnamon, cardamon, cloves, bay leaves and fry till you get the aroma.
5. Add the mixture and fry until you see oil separate from the mixture.
6. Add the tomatoes and the stuffed brinjals and fry.
7. Add the tamarind paste and 2 tbsps of oil and being the mixture to cook well.
8. Can add a pinch of sugar if you think its too tangy or spicy ;)
Cook till the brinjals are soft and garnish with corriander leaves...
kickass recipe ready :D
Thank you Niharika for sharing.