Friday, July 13, 2012

STRAWBERRY CAKE


This was my 1st try for cake after moving to US. As we have ovens here, I thought I should give it a go. And by coincidence our friend's birthday reminded me of surprising him with my home made cake, whatever, the surprise would turn bad or luckily good. I had enough idea of using eggs, flour, sugar and mix it. But I was not professional cake maker until I experience making it really stepwise. I browsed many blogs and just with a perfect idea and a new recipe for my cake came out. Bananas and strawberries helped my cake look and taste better, while whipped cream added snowy feel. Here I share it. I know, its tough to take risk and prepare such a big cake but you gals there, can give a try for small cake.
So the special secret ingredients are (Happy to share :)

INGREDIENTS
Bananas- 1 or 2
Strawberries- 20 nos.
Vanilla essence- 4-5 drops
All purpose flour- 1/2 cup
Milk- 100 ml
Eggs- 2-3 nos.
Whip cream- 100 gms
Vanilla cake mix- 200 grams (If you do not have vanilla cake mix, you can use corn flour/all purpose flour with vanilla essence)
Sugar 200 gm
Butter/oil- 4 tb sp.

COOKING
Part I. Base preparation
1. Mix 200 gm vanilla mix/all purpose flour with banana & strawberry juice (make  strawberry-banana juice in blender along with little milk and 4-5 tb sp of sugar. You can use 4-5 strawberry and 1 banana for base).
2. Add water if required and bring it to thick consistency
3. Add 20-30 gms of whipped cream and mix it well and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.

Part II egg mix preparation
1. Mix eggs, 20 grams of all purpose flour and vanilla essence by adding milk and stir it for 10 minutes.
2. You can add 50 grams of sugar powder and continue stirring.

Part III
1. After 30 minutes, take out the base content and add part II egg mix paste to it and make it a bit liquidy consistency before you add to oven pan
2. Preheat oven to 350 F 5 minutes.
3. Separately, grease oven pan with butter or oil on all sides and pour cake content onto it.
4. you can rap it with aluminum foil  or can keep tray without rapping.
5. Now bake cake at 400 F for 30 minutes or until the cake is baked (you can test by inserting a toothpick. If toothpick comes out without sticky, then it is baked nicely).
6. Once cake is ready keep it aside for cooling or in refrigerate it for 15 minutes
7. Now, when our cake is ready next step is to decorate cake. You can use chocolates, strawberries, cherries, Whipped cream and many more
8. I used cut strawberries and whipped cream more and then cherries. Before adding topping, I creamed whole cake with whip cream mixed with strawberry paste.
9. Now cake is ready to serve. Slice it and serve or if you have planned for birthday surprise, just make birthday gal/guy happy with your beautiful cake.

Preparation and cooking time- 1 1/2 hours
Serves- 8



HAPPY CAKING :)










 

No comments: