A nice dish for lunch that stays good and fresh is what we see for. Till today I was packing chapathi and curry for lunch but I tried something different today. Same chapathis and curry but a new look. Its easy to make and no head breaking required to bring it to a good taste because its tasty by itself.
Yeah! I tried Veg rolls but not for the first time I should mention. Once I just wrapped chapathis with curry and it was not at all tasted like veg rolls. This time I am here with professional recipe.
Please try and let me know your suggestions
Chapathis- 7-8 (Take Chapathi /wheat flour in a bowl + salt to taste + Warm water. Mix and prepare the dough. Add 2 tb sp. of oil to this to make it more soft)
For veg mix
Cumin seeds- 1 tb sp.
Funereal seeds- 1 tb sp.
Onions- ½ chopped
Sesame seeds – 1 or 2 tb sp.
Turmeric powder- 1 t sp.
Pepper powder- 5-6 freshly powdered peppercorns
Cabbage- 1 cup finely chopped
Salt to taste
Lemon juice- 1 tb sp.(Optional)
Mint/Pudina- flakes 2 tb sp.
1st option: Tomatoes, Chilli powder/sambar mix powder, salt to taste.
2nd option: You can use tomato Ketch up. I use 1st option while 2nd option gives a bit sweet taste
1. Prepare chapathis as mentioned. Cook it on either side and keep aside.
2. In a hot pan, to oil, add cumin seeds, funereal seeds, sesame seeds, turmeric powder and onions. Stir this for say 3 minutes and then add cabbage, carrots and bell peppers.
3. Saute this until vegetables are cooked. Can add salt, pepper powder and mint at this step. Keep this also aside.
4. Now in the pan add oil and saute tomatoes, chilli powder and salt. ( if you are using sambar powder, then you need not use any other powder because it has masalas in it. If you are using chilli powder, add a pinch of garam masala powder)
5. Now once this becomes paste texture, add vegetable mix (already prepared) and stir it. This will be well cooked and gives a thick semi liquid (more of solid) appearance.
6. Allow it to cool and fill on to one corner of the chapathi and roll it. Cut at the center and take for lunch.
Serves- 2 to 3 with 8 chapathis (I mean veg rolls)
Preparation time: 15 minutes. Cooking -15 minutes
NOTE: Can also use all purpose flour instead of wheat flour for chapathis.
HAPPY COOKING :)