Sequential to Manga sooru, I present here Manga sambar. Mango is favorite and thus I ended up in purchasing 3-4 at a time and so this recipe. You need not use complete unrippen Mango here. Well, if its little ripen fruit, it will give a very good taste. My suggestion is to try this recipe before manga sooru because of the tangy taste on tasty buds, which you feel (yummy......)
Here is the recipe
Tur dal- 2 cups
Mango- cut into big pieces ( also use seed)
Onions- 1 chopped
Tomato- 2 chopped
Curry leaves- 4-5
Green chilli- 2 cut into halves
Mustard seeds, oil and turmeric
Sambar powder- 1 or 2 tb sp. ( I use aachi masala sambar powder. I suggest you to use which you are already using or comfortable cooking with)
1. Cook dal in a tb sp. of oil along with mangoes in a pressure cooker for 10 minutes (or for 3 whistles)
2. On the other side, heat a pan and add oil, mustard seeds and turmeric (1 tb sp.) allow mustards to sputter.
3. Add curry leaves, chilli, onions and tomatoes and saute for 5 minutes so that tomatoes are well cooked.
4. Then add 2-3 tb sp. of tamarind paste (Medium strong) and sambar powder and stir it well.
5. Now when everything is mixed well, its time to add cooked dal (Smash it to bring it to a thick consistency) and mangoes. DO NOT miss to add salt (as per required taste)
6. As dal and mangoes are already cooked, now allow it to boil for 10 minutes and your sambar is ready.
7. If necessary, you can add a small piece of jaggery while adding dal.
Thanks for reading
HAPPY COOKING :)